• FAQs on Passport
    Q1. What type of photographs is required for Passport?
    Please provide recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in color and:
    1. Taken against a white coloured background so that features are distinguishable and in contrast against the background.
    2. Clear and of good quality.
    3. Printed on normal photographic paper.
    4. Unmounted - 3.5cm x 3.5cm in size. - Visa applications only.
    5. Unmounted - 4cm x 4cm in size. - Passport applications. Should show full view of face (without sunglasses and a fashion cap or a hat).
    6. The face should be in the middle of the frame.
    Q2. When and how one can apply for renewal / re-issue of passport?
    A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry, of any passport, which had an initial validity of 10 years. To apply for a new passport, you need to fill out the Application Form No. 1 along with two latest identical passport-size photographs. You also need to enclose your current or recently expired passport (in case your latest passport is an additional booklet issued to the original passport, you are also required to submit all the additional booklets plus the original passport) and the fee of KD 12.350 for an ordinary 36 page passport or KD 15.400 for a jumbo 60 page passport.

    If the pages of your passport have been exhausted, you will be issued a new passport of 10 years validity from the current date of issue. The fee will be as for a new passport.
    Q3. What is the procedure for getting a new passport in lieu of expired passport?
    Those falling under this category need to fill up Application Form No. 1A. If the passport has expired for more than six months then you will also need to submit an affidavit in the prescribed format. The affidavit can be made at the Facilitation Centre of the Embassy. Fees for this service are KD 15.450 if expired for less than 6 months and KD 18.700 if expired for more than 6 months.
    Q4. What shall I do if the lamination of my passport comes out or gets damaged?
    If the lamination of your passport has come out, please do not try to fix it on your own as it may further damage your passport. In such cases, you are requested to contact the Embassy of India, Kuwait for further services along with original Civil ID or any other identification document and Passport. On verifying the condition of the Passport, Embassy re-laminates passport free of cost. If the Passport is damaged beyond repair then you need to fill up Application Form No. 1E for issue of fresh Passport.
    Q5. What are the requirements for getting a new passport in lieu of lost Passport?
    If you have lost your Passport, you have to fill up Application Form No. 1E and bring Lost Report Circular from Maktab Al-Jawazaat Kuwait Passport Office, written statement stating how the passport was misplaced / lost / stolen, two witnesses along with their passport copies, photocopy of the lost passport, photocopy of the Civil ID of the applicant along with three recent photographs (size 35mm X 45mm) with plain white background.

    If the original Passport is issued from the Embassy of India, Kuwait then the new Passport will be generally issued in 15 days, else it may take around 30 days.
    Q6. What are the requirements for getting a passport for new born baby?
    For getting a passport for new born baby, you need to fill up Application Form No. 1C, bring two recent passport size photographs (size 35mm X 45mm) of the baby with plain background, original passports of the parents, photocopy of the passports of both parents, photocopy of Civil ID of the parents, original Birth Card issued by the local Ministry of Health duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, State of Kuwait and a photocopy of the Birth Card. The Fees for this service is KD 17.100.

    It is essential that husband’s name is endorsed in wife’s passport before registration of birth of the child. For addition of Spouse’s Name in the wife’s passport, mother of the child has to come in person to the Embassy along with duly filled Application Form No. 2A. If either of the parents holds nationality other than India, then a No-Objection Certificate is required from their respective Embassy.
    Q7. What are the requirements for change of name of minor?
    If you want to change the name of you minor children, you need to fill up Application Form No. 1D, bring two recent passport size photographs (size 35mm X 45mm) with plain background, original passport of the applicant. The fee for this service is KD 7.750.

    Those born in Kuwait should first change their name on the birth card issued by the Ministry of Health prior to change of name on passport. For the same, a no-objection certificate can be obtained from the Embassy for obtaining a new birth card with new name from the Ministry of Health (Fee for No-Objection Certificate is KD 6.350).
    Q8. What are the requirements for renewal of passport?
    If you have got a short validity passport and want to renew your passport then you need to fill up Application Form No.2 and submit it along with one recent passport size photograph.

    If the Passport is issued from Kuwait then this service is given on Gratis basis, else KD 3.200 is charged as fee.
    Q9. What are the requirements for getting Police Clearance Certificate?
    If you want Police Clearance Certificate, you need to fill up Application Form No. 2, bring two recent passport size photographs (size 35mm X 45mm) with plain background and original passport. The fee for this service is KD 6.350.

    If the Passport is issued from Kuwait then this service is generally given in 2 days, else it may take up to 4-6 weeks.
    Q10. What are the requirements for addition of spouse name in the passport?
    For availing this service you need to fill up Application Form No. 2A, and 6. Bring joint photograph and duly attested original marriage certificate.
    Q11. What are the requirements for getting Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) status on Passports?
    Following persons are entitled to get the ECNR status on their passports:
    1. Persons staying abroad for more than three years from the date of entry (period of short visits to India to be excluded)
    2. Persons holding secondary school certificate(10th class pass), recognized vocational training or higher degrees(Degrees should be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi) On the basis of ECNR Status of the Spouse (original passport of spouse to be submitted along with application)
    3. Dependent children of parents eligible for ECNR(upto 18 years of age) [Original passport of the parent to be submitted along with application]
    4. All the persons above the age of 50 years.
    5. You need to fill Application Form No. 3, bring one recent passport size photograph, original passport and photocopy of passport. The fee for this service is KD 3.200.
    6. All new passports are by default under ECNR category and no separate ECNR stamps are required any more for those belonging to this category.
    Q12. Who are eligible to apply for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)?
    A foreign national, who was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a citizen of India on or at anytime after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947 and his/her children and grand children, provided his/her country of citizenship allows dual citizenship in some form or other under the local laws, is eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Minor children of such person are also eligible for OCI. However, if the applicant had ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he/she will not be eligible for OCI.
    Q13. What are the benefits of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)?
    Registered OCIs shall be entitled to following benefits:
    1. Multiple entry, multi-purpose life long visa to visit India; Exemption from reporting to Police authorities for any length of stay in India; Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
    2. A person registered as OCI is eligible to apply for grant of Indian citizenship under section 5(1) (g) of the Citizenship Act, 1955 if he / she is registered as OCI for five years and has been residing in India for one year out of the five years before making the application.
    Q14. How one can apply for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)?
    Application for registration as OCI can be filled online at http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm
    Q15. Who is an NRI?
    "Non Resident Indian" (NRI) means a person, who is a citizen of India, resident outside India.
    Q16. Who is PIO or Person of Indian origin?
    "Person of Indian Origin” means a citizen of any country (not being a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh) if:
    1. he / she at any time held an Indian passport; or
    2. he / she or either of his / her parents or grand parents or great grand parents was born in and permanently resident in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935, and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a citizen of any of the specified countries; or
    3. he / she is a spouse of a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin covered under (i) and (ii) above.
    Q17. What is the Procedure for Indian nationals wishing to get married in Kuwait?
    One of the two individuals intending to marry should be an Indian national and should be resident of Kuwait. Both of them are required to submit a “Notice of Intended Marriage” on prescribed Form, in person, to the Marriage Officer and are required to bring the following documents with them when they approach the Marriage Officer for submission of “Notice of Intended Marriage”:
    1. Original Passport
    2. Copies of the passport and Kuwaiti Civil Identity Card
    3. 4 Photographs (each one)
    4. In case, one of the individual is a national of other country, no objection from his/her Embassy
    Applicant has to pay KD.15.300 at the time of submission of Notice of intended marriage and have to collect a copy of “NOTICE” from the Embassy for publication in local newspaper and an Indian newspaper (published from their place of permanent residence). The notice should be published in the same format in the newspapers in Kuwait, the place of their permanent residence in India and in the third country in case one of the individuals is a national of another country or in his / her country of permanent residence, as the case may be. Thereafter the applicants need to submit one copy of the clipping from the newspapers in which the notice was published to the Embassy.

    The marriage can be solemnized after 30 days from the date of last publication of the notice in the newspapers. On the day of the ceremony of marriage, both the individuals are required to present with their passport and three Indian nationals, as witness to their marriage, with a copy their passport and Civil ID. The Marriage Officer after satisfying himself that all the documents are in order will issue a marriage certificate. Fee for this service is KD13.000
    Q18. I have to apply for new passport for my children / wife in India, I have been asked to submit a NOC, What is the document ?
    You are required to send a No Objection (NOC) affidavit to apply for new passport for children and wife in India. The following documents is required for the same :
    1. Personal presence of the father /mother/ husband making the NOC affidavit.
    2. Valid passport in original and a photocopy (first / last and valid visa page).
    3. Sworn Affidavit in the prescribed format along with a photocopy. (This document has to be signed in the presence of the Consular Officer).
    4. In case of minor born in India, copy of the birth certificate has to be produced.
    5. Marriage certificate copy
    6. Old passport copy incase passport is being renewed.
    7. Spouse name has to be endorse for giving NOC to new/renew passport of the other spouse or children
    Q19. I am living in Sharq area. Can I apply for my Passport & Visa service in the Indian Passport & Visa Service Centre which is located in Fahaheel.
    Yes you can apply. But you have to collect the processed application from the same centre where you have applied.
  • FAQs on Visa
    All foreign nationals, including children, require a valid visa to enter India. Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements.
    Q1. Do I need a visa to go to India?
    Yes, all foreigners except for nationals of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, need a visa to enter India. With regard to Maldives' nationals, a visa is required if intended stay in India for longer than 90 days.
    Q2. Can I get a visa to enter India on arrival?
    No, you must obtain a visa prior to taking a flight to India. Visa cannot be obtained on arrival in India and immigration authorities will not permit any foreigner to enter India without a visa.
    Q3. I wish to visit India for tourism. Which visa should I apply for?
    You should apply for a Tourist Visa.
    Q4. What are the requirements for obtaining visa?
    All applicants are required to apply in the prescribed visa application form along with two passport size photographs, passport in original, flight details / itinerary and the prescribed fee. Passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months and in cases of long term visas, at least till the duration of the visa requested for. For business visa, kindly provide an invitation letter from the Indian company.

    Visa applications of persons not residing in Kuwait for a period of over 3 yrs or from people of Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan origin and from select countries may take longer time. Pakistani and Bangladeshi nationals are required to file special visa application forms.

    Visa Section will contact the applicant about the time of delivery for such passports. Please note that each application is examined individually and the time taken for issuing visas may vary from case to case.

    Specific visas are granted for a variety of purposes. The principal types of visas issued are Tourist Visa, Business visa, Student visa, employment visa and visit visa. Please contact the Embassy of India for further details if you are visiting India for purposes other than the above mentioned reasons such as journalism, conferences, medical treatment, voluntary work, expedition or others. The visa application form is, however, the same.
    Q5. How to pay the required visa fee?
    Payment of visa fee is accepted in cash only.
    Q6. What documents are required from the Embassy of India, Kuwait to enable me to apply for a visit / residence visa for my family member?
    To apply for a visit / residence visa for any of your family member, Kuwait Immigration needs the following documents duly attested by the Embassy of India, Kuwait
    1. Marriage certificate (incase of spouse)
    2. Birth certificate (incase of children)
    3. Death certificate (incase of parents)
    Personal presence of the applicant along with the valid passport in original with photocopy (first / last and valid visa page).
    Q7. I have to go for internship /training in a University / institute / Company in India for a short period. Which visa should I apply for?
    You should apply for an Entry Visa along with a copy of the offer letter stating the terms of internship. You may also be required to submit a copy of inter-university student exchange agreement if the proposed internship is a component of such agreement. You would be required to submit proof of financial standing to support your stay in India
    Q8. I applied for a visa for India but I have changed my mind about going to India. Can I claim a refund of visa fee?
    Visa fees are non-refundable once the visa application is accepted and cannot be refunded even if the visa is refused/not granted.

    Service charges are also non-refundable even if the visa is refused / not granted.
    Q9. Do I have to submit my passport and visa application with the Indian Passport   Visa Service Centre only?
    Yes, However Diplomats and officials of foreign diplomatic Mission, UN and other international organization personnel who are eligible for Visa on "Gratis" basis must submit their visa application directly to the Embassy of India, Kuwait.